The inspiration for the blog title comes from a travel book I saw in the bookstore when I was looking for a guidebook for my trip. It was called, Have dog Will Travel.
I knew that I couldn't bring Otis on this trip, though I knew he'd love sticking his head out the window and letting his golden hair blow in the wind, but maybe we'll take him to Yosemite next month.
ANYWAY, so Day 1 of my California Coast trip was a success. Ten and a half hours in my car, driving up the 5... couldn't have had a greater time. I LOVE DRIVING. I LOVE SINGING IN MY CAR AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE. I uncovered some Clint Black and Patsy Cline, reminisced with Crystal Gale (remember her???) and Dolly Parton and even Willie Nelson, and re-visited with old school Bryan Adams, Whitney Houston (before the divorce), and Lionel Richie. Yes, it was a great ride. I had a nice long chat with Susanne just as I passed LA and with my sister as I arrived in SF.
So I'm here in San Fran today, and will get my first live glimpse ever of the Golden Gate Bridge!!!
In a couple of hours, I'll head down the coast, probably stop in Santa Cruz tonight and then maybe Santa Barbara tomorrow night. Who knows. No plans. No reservations. Just me, my baby (read: 2005 Acura RSX), and the open road. The gypsy in me is alive and well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Dorothy,
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are already having a great time!!!
Otis is sad because he wanted to dive with the seals @ the Pier 39...
Keep posting your adventures, and get used to the idea of having a roadtrip partner for the next one...
Btw...like the soundtrack!!
Have a save and fun trip,
Guile
Hey Guile!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for following my blog! Glad you approve of my music choice!!!
See ya when I get back,
Dorothy